Summer Job Opportunities
Applications close: March 31, 2023 (11:59pm)
Geology Students:Summer Job Opportunities(4 Positions)
About the Project
Goldshore Resources, an emerging junior gold developer, acquired the Moss Lake Gold Project from Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd. in January 2021. Wesdome remains a strategic shareholder of Goldshore with a 23% equity position in its common shares (TSX.V:GSHR).
The Moss Lake Gold Project is one of the largest land packages held by a mining company in north-western Ontario (403 unpatented and patented mining claims covering 16,035 hectares). It contains an NI 43-101 Inferred Mineral Resource of 121.7Mt @ 1.1 g/t Au (4.17 million ounces gold) at the Moss Lake Deposit.
The Project is located approximately 130 km west of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario, and 30 km southwest of the Company’s camp and core shack at Kashabowie.
This four-month seasonal field job, starting in May, is an ideal opportunity for candidates looking to gain valuable experience in the exploration field. The role reports to the senior geological team and support various geoscience activities for the Moss Lake Project.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Geological sampling and data entry
- Geological mapping and prospecting
- Core logging and sampling
- Channel sampling and logging
- General field assistant and geotechnician duties
Training and Skills
The successful candidates must satisfy the following conditions to be considered for this position:
- Enrollment in a BSc Geology program
- Familiar with basic geological concepts, such as rock and mineral identification
- High awareness of the importance of working in a safe environment and unwavering commitment to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Be forward thinking and have strong communication skills
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- People oriented and open mindedness
- Able to work in a camp setting on a rotational basis
We offer competitive wages, a great team environment, and an opportunity to be a part of a great project while acquiring a broad range of experience. This will be a rotational position based at the Moss Lake Project site in Kashabowie with a schedule of two weeks on and two weeks off. Transport between Home, Thunder Bay, and Kashabowie will be provided.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position.
The Moss Lake Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Closing Date: March 31, 2023 (11:59pm)